House on Beaucatcher
We are extra excited to break ground on this 1,275 square foot modern residence. The overall design was influenced largely by the challenges of the site and the program.
Here is a quick run down of some of the program considerations:
- maximize the social spaces with a wide open living & kitchen space
- create practical, efficient bedrooms and restrooms
- provide a connected, outdoor living space
- include lots of windows to enjoy the trees & downtown view
- design flexible spaces that serve a daily function AND accommodate occasional out of town guests
In addition to a +40% slope, the site challenges are largely due to the fact that the design must comply the rules set forth in the Steep Slope Ordinance. We think the rules are great! They keep our beautiful, vegetative mountains beautiful and vegetative.
Below is a rendering of the ‘back” of the house which opens up to Beaucatcher Park below.
We will share more images and design insight as construction gets underway. Let us know on Facebook if you have any specific questions!