SPARC Has a New Website!
This time last year, we were noting our lessons learned from a first year in business. With a 2nd year under our belt, we are more than excited to show off our brand new website! Thanks to amazing design work from Atlas Branding, our website is specifically tailored for our business and our clients. We wanted to take this chance and share some of the choice design considerations that went into the making of our new website. Take a look around and let us know what you think!
- More and more, people are going online with smart phones and tablets. It was important to us that this website is designed to suit those different screen sizes and uses. We focus on what is most important at the scale of the smartphone screen, specifically, our contact information and our portfolio. The entire site can be easily viewed from a tablet or typical computer moniter.
- High quality images. We’re grateful to Cargo Creative Co. for joining us one fun afternoon and snapping some shots of staff as well as our office. These images can often be found as backgrounds, unifying the pages of our new website.
- The homepage menu is made up of custom icons created by Atlas that reflect our firms personality, and as a bonus they animate. These may not pop out to you during a first visit, but they’re pretty clever. The colors are all different and are used often in our marketing materials, such as our multi-colored business cards.
- On each page, a little logo and bit of color (rabbit trail) sit at the bottom. This is the footer for the website. When you hover with your mouse, the footer pops up with contact information. Not only does this let each page be viewed cleanly, it reinforces the accent colors for each page.
- We wanted each portfolio page to display our design process and project details. With a horizontal slideshow in the center, we have the opportunity to share our early sketches, project goals or close-up details to best communicate the entire process. Check out our Cleveland Competition submission to see this in action.
- Navigation is also an important consideration. No matter what type of device you are using, the option to see the previous or next project, as well as a choice to return to the main project page, is always at the top and the bottom.
- Sharing! If an image strikes your fancy, you can easily share it with friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. These icons are found at the top of each individual project page.
- The blog is now tiled to display images and titles of posts to allow the website visitor to pick and choose what they want to read. Unlike our old site, readers aren’t forced to scroll to the bottom of a recent post to get to the previous one.
- Sorting is also an easy option. On our favorite blogs, we love the sorting option. This along with suggestions of similar posts is a great way to keep learning more about a topic or project.
We couldn’t be happier with our new digs and hope you enjoy checking out the site and finding all the other fun aspects we didn’t mention here. Happy Viewing!